At Sunset Lake bullying is inexcusable and we have a firm policy against bullying in all its forms. We partner with the American Camp Association to “take a stand” against this destructive behavior. To ensure that we maintain a relationally safe environment and each camper is free to experience camp life to its fullest, our leadership will address all incidents of bullying seriously and will train the staff to recognize and deal effectively with such behavior.
Campers and Parents are required to read and sign the Camper Code of Conduct, agreeing to follow the guidelines developed for our summer camp program. Any behavior deemed by the Camp Director to be inappropriate and/or unmanageable may result in any or all of the following:
- Meeting directly with the Cabin Counselor, Boys or Girls Director, or the Camp Director to discuss behavior.
- A telephone call home to the parent/guardian to discuss behavior.
- Being dismissed from the camp program.
As a Camper, I will:
- Show respect to other Campers, and treat them as well as I would like to be treated and try to be a friend to all.
- Show respect to Camp Staff, and cooperate fully with their instructions.
- Respect the rights and beliefs of others, and treat others with courtesy and consideration.
- Communicate in an appropriate manner, which means I must not use foul language or gestures, harsh words or tone of voice.
- Conduct myself responsibly. I understand that horseplay, unwelcome teasing or other unkind behaviors are not allowed.
- Refrain from deliberately causing bodily harm to other Campers or Staff. I understand that pushing, kicking, hitting or fighting are not acceptable and will not be tolerated.
- Use program equipment, supplies, and facilities properly.
- Respect the property of others; which includes no stealing, property damage, graffiti, or vandalism.
- Be fully responsible for my actions and understand that irresponsible behavior will result in disciplinary action or dismissal from camp.
- Know and follow the rules of the camp.
- Not leave camp property unless on a supervised outing.
- Be on time for all camp activities.
- Have lots of FUN and a GREAT time!